Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Blog #7

My Academic frame is based around the idea of entitlement. Entitlement is important for my paper because it really helps me narrow in on why athletes believe they can sexually assault women without their consent. This idea is more than just athletes feel entitled to women, I have been analyzing into the deeper ideas of entitlement and narcissism. Narcissism is often correlated with entitlement, thus making athletes or just men in general think highly about themselves because they think they can get away with anything. In order to better understand these theories, I am using Jean Twenge's book The Narcissism epidemic, which discusses the ideas of entitlement in a more academic and sophisticated way. With this new found source, I will be better able to center my topic around the idea of entitlement and why it is so important and detrimental to women being sexually assaulted on colleges campuses by athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment