Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Blog #8

I have several case examples for my paper but the one that covers my research question and thesis the best is the case of the football players at Baylor University.

A female student athlete was sexually assaulted in 2012 by five Baylor football players and the when the coach of the victim told the athletic director, the athletic director did nothing.

Not only does this tie into my idea of entitlement because the football players felt entitled to another female athlete thinking she would not rat anybody out. It also ties into the my idea that the athletic departments try to hide this crimes from ever happening by saying things like "I thought she did not want to talk about or it was her fault" all because they do not want to jeopardize the careers of these players.

The facts
Statement to Dallas Morning News regarding sexual assault not reported to Judicial Affairs


No comments:

Post a Comment